Tricksters, ruffians, rollers, strollers, chumps, babes, dudes, artists, general man-about-town, cat burglars and pirates; if you can tick one or all these boxes then PLEASE READ ON!!! The crew at the 2High Arts Festival are throwing a flash-mob during the Valley Fiesta and we want you and your craziness there in all its glory.
I don’t know what the hell a flash mob is: A flash mob is a large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place to perform an unusual action for a brief time, then quickly disperse. Flash mobs were designed as a social experiment to highlight the cultural atmosphere of conformity, and is also a popular activity amongst royals such as the Queen of Englandand Camilla Parker Bowles. Its not illegal and is really a great way to have some fun.
Why is 2high organizing a flash-mob? We wanted to create some hype and curiosity around the 2High Festival, so what better way to do it than having a bunch of people acting rather strangely together in the public domain? Its this strangeness, spontaneity and fun we believe best represents the 2High Arts Festival.
Where will we do it?: In Brunswick Street Mall during the Valley Fiesta, loosely around the rotunda. Meet on the day outside Brunswick Street Train Station on Brunswick Street at 3.15pm
When: 3.30pm Saturday the 13th of September, between band changes (still need to obtain schedule of performances for Valley Fiesta).
Weapon of choice/action:
1. Walk into the mall as a group. EVERYONE must turn up in white clothes, wedding dress, white tuxedo or glam rock jump suit acceptable.
2. At the same time, all start scribbling over each other with markers/texters or drawing implement of your choice though preferably one that won’t cause injury (i.e. nib pen or 18th century feather quill pen is not suitable)
3. Scribble madly for 3 minutes over different people. No in appropriate pictures/words please
4. Disperse in all different directions and meet up immediately afterwards at the Brunswick Street Train Station spot
5. Then all participants walk through the crowd afterwards and hand out stickers for the 2High festival
Some extra information for your lovely selves…
- On the day prior to the scribbling you will recieve an info card, read your info card, DO NOT LET ANYONE SEE YOUR CARD
- Do NOT scribble on anyone who isn’t in the flashmob (that is if they aren’t dressed in white and are not madly scribbling, DO NOT DRAW ON THEM!!!)
- Leave promptly and quickly once everything has been done
- If you wish we can send out SMS reminders, please disclose if you want this to be done
4 years ago
The 2High Arts Festival is a free Arts Festival that promotes the best emerging young Artists in Brisbane. Aside from the greatness of being excused to be crazy in public, your support will greatly benefit the proliferation of new and emerging Art to come out of Brisbane.
See you there fellow flash mobsters.